Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Laugh. Out. Loud.

Ok, so this past weekend after one baby shower (for the Baby Carly and Momma Leslie) we loaded up for a road trip. We= Me, Tara, and Carrie. We were headed to Tullahoma, TN (close to Lynchburg and Manchester...or Jack Daniels and Bonarooooo).

I love road trips, especially with my girls. I realized about half way there that we had all told stories and quoted "the funniest thing ever!"

I often wonder about the things we say and why we say them. For instance "This smells awful! Here. Smell it." or "Oh my gawd! This is horrible! Here. Taste it." Now why on earth would I want to do any of those things?!

I'm sure there is one event in my life that deserves the caption "the funniest thing ever" but I have no idea what it would be. I wonder if my subconscious keeps up with all of my LOLs and then trumps the previous one to allow room for the new "funniest thing ever." I doubt it. (I will say that I do not use LOL on any social networking site, email, or text message unless you just actually made me laugh out loud.)

I think I'm going to be intentional about my use of the phrase "funniest thing ever" and my all around use of the word "ever". For such a short word it has lofty aspirations. I mean ever. It's so final and all consuming. Sometimes it's assuming, but most of the time it's fact.

Some of my "funniest things that happened":

  • this one time at trivia the answer to the question was Henry Ford and I stood up and shouted "I told you it was a president" (I thought it was Truman, and clearly mistook Henry Ford for Gerald Ford. It wasn't my most proud "yes I have a 4 year degree...in political science" moment)
  • a battle snake...not a rattle snake...came to fight...you had to be there
  • a good friend who will remain nameless came out of the bathroom with a tail of toilet paper. really.
  • There was one really funny thing that caused my sister to alter the all familiar LOL to IJHLROL (that means "i just horse laughed right out loud") But I can't remember what it was.
  • This one night Tara wouldn't quit trying to impersonate a radio personality and a listener who called in about a barn. I mean she had had some wine, but she just wouldn't let it go.

Ok, that's all I can come up with for now. I know you won't leave this blog with any revelations or anything, but maybe you will at least become an intentional L.O.L.er.

Much love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you totally left out your first trip to la centenal