Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Skinny...

Ok, so a few years ago big sister Emily dicovered "The 6 Week Body Makeover" (http://www.bodymakeover.com/) Unlike most propaganda on TV in the heat of the night, this works. I mean, I have a hot sister. Act like you don't know.

Anyway, I have done this a few times (never actually made it the whole 6 weeks though). Last spring/early summer I did and the amount of inches I lost in just 3 weeks would amaze you. I usually don't weigh myself but I think I will this time. Yes, this time. I ventured into the 6 week body makeover the first week of March but didn't get very far. I had so many work outings that it was just too difficult. Besides, it's nice to ease your way into a lifestyle change.

What is it? This is what I eat every day:

Breakfast: 2 egg whites and 1/2 grapefruit
Mid Morning Snack: 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup of fruit or greens
Lunch: 2 ounces of protein (usually chicken or fish), 1 cup of greens, and 1/2 cup of carbs (usually whole wheat rotini)
Mid Afternoon Snack: 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup of fruit or greens
Dinner: 2 ounces of protein (usually chicken or fish), 1 cup of greens, and 1/2 cup of carbs (usually whole wheat rotini or squash)
Drink: I drink between 160 and 192 ounces of water a day. That's 5-6 nalgenes full. If I want something else, I have crystal light.
Trick: all freshly prepared foods, very little sodium, extra fiber with your carbs, green veggies are "free" so you can have as much as you want
Flavor: I get it from balsamic vinegar, mrs. Dash, and red wine vinegar. All three of the "helpers" have ZERO everything. Read the labels.
Exercise: I walk 5 days a week and do yoga on Sunday


I'll do my measurements tonight and see how many inches I've already lost. Stay tuned for more on "the skinny"...

1 comment:

Kat said...

You rock! I don't know why people make those comments..oh wait...yes I do. JEALOUSY! I hear ya sister! Don't let the bastards get you down! I totally forgot about Cindy Lyndsey's song but now that you reminded me I can't get it out of my head! Hilarious! (Yeah, I mentally disqualified the jerkface due to her ipod usage which is a clear vioation of road race etiquette). I win!