Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Girls' Night Out v2.0

For starters....Wednesday has always been our "Girls' Night Out" and today was no different! We were all together to celebrate our Baby J!

There are a few things you should know: 1.) we drink champagne for no reason at all 2.) we NEVER muffle the pop! (a small shout out to big brother chad!) That's the greatest sound on earth (aside of course a baby girls' first cries and a proud momma exclaim "that's my baby")

When I looked around and saw that all the girls were there, I thought now is the time I need to get the champagne. I bought the champagne a while ago. I put it on ice in the cooler in my trunk this morning en route to the hospital. [enter Robert Earl Keen: I stepped into the hall and saw all my friends were there] So, I got my backpack and headed to the car...yes, I smuggled it in...just in case.

I stepped into the bathroom to open the champagne, pointed toward the shower, just in case there was any accident (for the record, I wasn't scared, I trust myself with a bottle of bubbly, but the others are over protective).



Here we all are...The New and Improved Girls Night!


Here we are with Grandmommy and Baby J...


SO, I made a toast. I made a toast to a strong, courageous, and beautiful Tara. A wonderful Juliet. Our great friends...we have a bond that cannot be broken. Afterall, most of us have been together since the early 80's. And the best Grandparents she could ask for. Tara is so blessed to have such a supportive family and I am honored to watch them interact. Mr. and Mrs. Smith are so wonderful, and I can only hope to be as awesome as they are.
And then I closed with "we must have had a pretty good time to end up here." So true, baby girl, so true.


1 comment:

Meloney Thompson said...

Cheers to you all. Thank you for all of the wonderful pictures you shared with us of this blessed event. Tara has an amazing family, and today brought back alot of memories for us that are close to them. It just doesn't seem that long ago that we were seeing first picutures of Tara when she was born! Someone needs to starting wispering roll tide in those sweet little ears so she will be ready for football season. Congrads to Tara and welcome Juliet