Thursday, May 14, 2009

If you build it (or something like that) they will come...

Well, we've got this Small Group...that spawned from a large group (Faith Promise Church). From www.faithpromise.org :
What is a Group?
We connect people within their life stage, passion, or neighborhoods...


In short--we do LIFE together

I found my way to Evan and Marta Crass' home 2 years and 5 months ago (whoa...time flies) when my little world was falling apart. Just like that a group of then strangers took me in, wrapped me in their arms, and just helped me do LIFE. I am eternally grateful, forever indebted, and richly blessed by these folks. Since then we have divided and conquered and now have three "small groups" under one roof belonging to the Crass'....I like to call it the "Church of Crass". I am proud to lead one of the small groups. When Tara moved here she started coming with me, and is in my group..."the upstairs group" [this is cool, because we are closer to heaven]. It has been a blessing for all of us to walk through this journey with Tara. We meet for Biblical and Life Application study and discussion every Tuesday night...we even give back to our community throughout the year too.

I tell you all of that for two reasons: 1.) I know that Tara would want you know about this wonderful group of people that have been waiting anxiously for Juliet and praying for both of them diligently. 2.) A bunch of them were able to make it to the hospital to see baby girl and Mom.

These folks made it out yesterday: left to right, meet Drew Wells, Evan Crass, and Jennifer Loveday. Drew is in charge of the Young Adult Ministry at FPC...Evan, by title, is the Pastor of Affinity Groups at FPC (as well as lots of cool freelance stuff and husband to rockin' Marta, daddy to precious Kate, and a fellow small group leader with me), and Loveday is the Programming Director for Kid K'Nex at FPC (I can't wait for our little Juliet to be involved with our children's ministry at FPC...I know, I know...that's a long way away!)...she's also "the voice" of FPC, a wonderful thespian, and a fellow member of our small group as well as a small group coach.

We were happy to see all of them and glad they got to meet Juliet!


[[If I could figure out a way to make you hear a drumroll here...I would.]]

INTRODUCING TEAGAN!

You'll know more about why she gets a drumroll soon...Teagan is also in our small group. She is the owner of KTown Treats. [more to follow]


Meet Marta, the aforementioned "rockin' Marta" and wife to Evan Crass. Marta is a mom of 2 year old Kate, and is has been a wonderful source of knowledge for both me and Tara. She also taught us how to properly swaddle little bit.


And this is Tracy. Tracy just got back to Knoxville from DC where she and her husband have been living while she worked for National Geographic. She's a cartographer and getting started with her own freelance gig...so if you need a map, say the word. Tracy is an A+ babysitter (proven with Kate)...but just to be on the safe side, she just likes to look and not touch when baby's head still needs to be supported. In fact, she even said earlier "I can hold a cake, just not a baby!". Tracy and Mark live just down the street from us, so this will be fun!


So, I know that I might not count as a "visitor" but for goodness sakes, look at those little eyes looking up at me. If I hadn't already, I fell in love all over again. Cool aunt bird with a nose ring...the baby digs it. She was there when I had it done...in utero of course.


So, I have slacked and missed pictures of the following visitors:
Renee from Tara's office...both pre and post baby girl...
Rebecca from Tara's office...she even cam eback today, but Baby J was eating and wasn't available for photos. Rebecca even came over one Sunday and helped Tara put together the crib and changing table.
Kendall from Tara's office...she left when the nurse came to check Tara and announced we were at 10 cm and time to push...
Uncle Jerry...my step father...both pre and post baby girl...he even delivered homemade dinner from Aunt Trish tonight. He rocks. And so does Aunt Trish for the record...chicken casserole, green beans, mashed potatoes, and peach cobbler.

No comments: