Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mar Mar is Growing Up!



Martha, my younger cousin, has reached a huge rite of passage...she graduated from High School! I can remember the day she was born, the day she fell in love with Don Henley from the Eagles, her electric guitar and Barney videos...and now she is making plans to pursue a degree in nursing. My how time flies.

This was Ted's first visit to Smithville, TN, where my family roots are. Naturally, I made him stop at the "scenic overlook" for a self portrait.

This picture is from Martha's high school graduation. She's got a good 4 inches on me now!

This picture is from my high school graduation with one eight year old Martha...almost nine.

After graduation, we drove to Cookeville to have dinner with the family. After that, Ted and I headed to the river...it took us almost 5 hours to get there. With losing an hour, we arrived close to 5:00am!

No comments: